It’s all crazy up in here lately, so random is the best I’ve got. It’s even taken me 2 days to write this.
1. We are about 99.9% of the way there to delivering a product. I actually might be able to share this one with you once it’s out there! It made me realize that maybe I’m NOT so unethused with my profession. It’s stressful and frustrating work making a game at times, but damn do I feel alive when the heat is on and totally engaged at work and in the moment when we’re close to the end. It’s just that I used to do exactly what I am doing tonight once every few weeks, and now it’s not very often at all. It’s that adrenaline rush… is it going to pass? Did we do everything right? Are people going to like it? Is management going to tell me to box my stuff up and collect my last check? You never know…
2. After busting ass through a few 6 and an 8 mile tempo @ 8:55 (attempting at least), 4 miles is super easy! It’s pretty amazing what comparisons can do – I was WAY less miserable during each point than normal (and lets face it, trying to improve your pace is about being miserable for a while until that pace becomes, uh, un-miserable). I was even able to do 30 minutes on the arc trainer after with no issues. I was able to do little but go home and die after 6-8. I still question if I’m going to be able to hold the pace I need to during the race, but I definitely think I have a chance. And I think unless it’s pouring sleet, setting a new PR is a no brainer.
3. I am still at a loss of what to do for my birthday, and taking suggestions. Something under a few hundred dollars, within a few hours drive, that doesn’t suck if it’s cold and windy like this weekend, and… I dunno. Something cool.
4. This weekend, I am heading downtown to a cool event – at a bar I’ve always wanted to check out (which is usually too “trendy” for us, I guess, as no one ever wants to go there), with free alcohol, and a vintage clothing swap! So I will end up drunk AND with new clothes! I guess until shopping until you drop, it’s shop until you puke, right? Kidding, kidding, I hope to be slightly more responsible than that. Just slightly. Regardless, I am tres excited. Just gotta get through my hardcore fast 12 miler (last tough run of training) in our arctic blasted weather and not die.
5. I have been really slacking this week and not tracking my food, not worrying about my weight even though its a few lbs up, and have made the conscious decision to be ok with a shorter cross training session than normal. I’ve still been eating like my normal healthy self, but I’ve kinda decided that I can’t be too hard on myself for another month or so (up until the race and then a week or 2 after to let my appetite catch up to my activity level). I can tell I’m not at the lowest weight I’ve been at lately, but I am also running stronger than I was then. I do need to make sure I don’t let it go unchecked for too long, I don’t want to start seeing 160s or worse, but I have always been a fluctuator. If you don’t hear me talk about my weight or see some double chins start poking out here, please call me on it.
My apologies to my bloggie friends – I’ve tried to keep up but I’ve been very busy lately. This week has made about as much sense as this picture above. Please forgive me! Hopefully things will settle next week and I’ll be back to my chatty self. Definitely need birthday suggestions (it’s about a month away) – if you can’t think of anything for a sane amount of money, tell me what you would do if the sky was the limit! For me – 5 days in Costa Rica. Which isn’t undoable *sometime*, just not right now. Have a great weekend, and wish me luck tomorrow on my freezy ass speedy 12 miler tomorrow!