…just aint workin’ for me today. So let’s finish up this doozy of a week with a snappy little 5 Random Things Post. Tricked ya, didn’t I? Just WAIT until you get a load of what I’m planning for April Fools Day (guess I should let ME know because I haven’t decided yet, tee hee). Ok, it’s not even technically Friday, and my brain is in crazyland already. This does not bode well…
1. I still need to experiment more with it and I’ll do a whole post soon, but OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my garmin forerunner. I never realized what I was missing but OH GOD I don’t ever want to do another outside run without it. It always bothered me that I didn’t exactly how far and how fast I was running (some days it didn’t matter to me but I never am opposed to having a reference). The coolest thing? It pulls data points about once a house and shows me my pace at each one. And I can sort of watch my performance after the fact in a graph and go – “ok, that’s where I crossed the street, that’s where the hill started, that’s where I was booking it to make up some time, etc”. You can import it into google earth even and I could see where I ran around someone who was blocking the sidewalk. I never REALLY wanted one before (well I did but… it’s expensive!) but it’s seriously awesome. Today, I’m going to play around with the heartrate monitor strap for my cross training workout. EDIT: Boo, it doesn’t do heart rate indoors well. It took my heart rate alright, but said I burnt 18 calories. Not quite.
1b. For those of you accustomed to doing 10+ mile runs, do you ever feel like you’re getting ready for a trip? Workout clothes, sunscreen (if I remember), attach runner ID to one foot, attach shoe wallet with sport beans to other, apply body glide liberally to cleavage/arms, fill and attach camelback to myself, then strap on my zune, find my running sunglasses (they’re thinner and give me less owl eyes – yes, I’m vain), and in the winter find my headband? It’s exhausting before I even start my warmup!
2. I’ve been on the spark again calorie tracking. I retroactively put in Monday and am still going today. Oddly enough, it motivated me to eat LOTS and LOTS of good for me food. Fancy that? Yesterday, I felt so full I was afraid I was going to lose my cookies (err…carrots I guess) later on the ‘mill. And I came about 250 calories under my goal because I just couldn’t put another damn thing in my cakehole. Monday was a little under 200 under goal. 2000 calories of healthy food is HARD. 1500-1700 feels about right. Good thing today is a cross training day, so 1500 is the goal. I’m at about 1k now after a gigantic snack (carrots/pea pods/hummus/necatrine/jerky/wheat melbas and laughing cow), and looking forward to an awesome healthy dinner.
3. The scale, it moved yesterday! Yeah, I probably shouldn’t be weighing every day but since I’m tracking it seems to feel right to weigh every day. And this morning it sung to me like a songbird, 156.0. Only 1lb to go until I can start the “I-trust-myself-at-maintenance” counter. I’m going to predict 2 weeks of tracking and then I’ll be able to go back to fumbling my way through it without numbers. I totally know why I’m NOT doing this for the majority of this year. I’m learning pretty well about how to be pretty un-neurotic about my food and just do this thing naturally, but I start getting crazy when I have to be SO accountable. Great for weight loss, bad for trying to figure out a “rest of my life” thing.
4. The weather, while NOT beautiful today, has gone from stupid cold (for us) as in highs in the 30s and lows in the 10s, to decent, meaning highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s, to rainy today and tomorrow, but starting Saturday and extending into next week, it’s supposed to be upper 60s/70s and lows in the 40s/50s. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD! I missed this weather something terrible over the last few weeks. Don’t ever leave me again! It should be perfect conditions for a nice long run outside this weekend, and maybe I’ll have to see if I can get in a lunch/after work run next week before the sun sets.
5. Uhhhm, I’m kind of out of ideas now, so I’ll just say Archer on FX is pretty much hilarious.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I’ll probably be playing some rock band, running a lot, possibly going out on the town, and hopefully enjoying outside time on Sunday. What’s your plans?