I’m still not feeling super 100% back to normal, so a random thoughts update it is today!
1. We booked, put a down payment, and reserved our wedding and reception! Zliten did the footwork for us, which was so super nice. I know it wasn’t the easiest thing for him to do and he rocks for it. Doing Vegas was such a great idea, you come up with an idea, and they run with it. For very little effort and extra money, everything is going to be island themed and decorated just like we want. I’m really excited to go in April to check it out. Now, the rest of the fun stuff like invitations, dresses, hawaiian shirts, reception gifts, etc. Anyone ever go to a wedding with a really cool gift?
2. The good news – I have still lost weight this week even with my lack of exercise and overindulgence last week. I’m now down to, as of this morning, 153.4 which is .4 lbs away from February’s goal. I don’t expect to keep ALL of it off, but I wouldn’t complain if I did. This is also 3.4 lbs away from 150, which is my second long term goal. From the time I hit 149, I will continually monitor how I feel and look, and will give myself permission at any time to stop and decide to maintain my weight. It’s so close!
3. The bad news – I haven’t been on a run since Saturday, and don’t anticipate being able to do much until next week with my funk. Next weekend, I run my 5k. Now, I’m not too worried since I regularly run almost twice the distance, so I know I have it in me, but it’s still a little disconcerting. I am glad that I signed up before I got sick, because I dunno if I would have signed up now. At least since it’s my first one, the biggest goal is just to finish a race and get a time to improve upon.
4. Work has been a very busy week of thousands of menial tasks to do. I am such a sick puppy that I LOVE this. If it was my job all the time I would hate it but as something to do occasionally, I really enjoy the brainless, zen aspect of it. Since it’s not technically part of what I do, I actually seek these opportunities out. It does make me miss designing, though I’m glad that my particular job affords me the ability to do as much of it as I actually get to do while still being able to be a producer.
5. I just had Zliten tell me I should retire the pants I’m wearing today. I indeed noticed they have saggy ass today. As refrence – I’m wearing the same outfit I wore on Christmas Eve. It’s amazing how much difference 10 lbs makes when it’s 1/15th of your weight instead of 1/26th! Pants don’t last as long though… at least this is my second pair of pinstripe pants so I’m ok with seeing them go.