I have been searching my brain all day for a post topic, and it just doesn’t exist. So 5 random things it is!
1. I got to see Doug Benson at a local comedy club Wednesday. I’ve been to a couple shows there, and even mediocre comedy is pretty entertaining! This, however, was a fantastic show. The local guy that started the show was great, Graham was HILARIOUS, and Doug, well, was stoner Doug and great at it. I kept wondering why we don’t go more often, and the 70 dollar tab at the end of the night reminded me! Good thing the tickets were free!
2. Monday and Tuesday, it was beautiful here. A little cloudy but mostly sunny, nice and humid, high in the 80s and low in the upper 60s. Then, Wednesday, some fresh hell blew through here and it’s been no warmer than the mid-40s with 30s at night, and constantly raining or about to rain. I hate this weather! We had also planned Zliten’s birthday fancy pants dress up cocktail party tomorrow night and it’s supposed to be cold. Blah! The weather is so not fair! At least it will be a little less of an exceptional drought here…
3. I have fallen in love with Kashi Go Lean Honey Cinnamon hot cereal. However, I eat it like I eat all oatmeal, straight from the package, no water. I love the TASTE of oatmeal but can’t hang with the texture. It’s been on sale the last two times I’ve been to the grocery store so I’ve got 2 boxes of it but I am scared to see what regular price is…
4. It’s been a rough week. I’ve worked quite a few extra hours and it’s been stress stress stress. On top of that, I’ve had this extra 50 minutes of cardio workout to contend with. Yesterday I got out of work at almost 7, convinced myself to hit the gym after a lot of mental negotiations, completed my cardio and was almost finished with my weights when I started feeling a little dizzy and shakey. I wish I could say that I stopped immediately and went home, but I didn’t. I made it through about 3 more exercises and then finally decided – screw this. I drove home and immediately ate some fruit and felt better, but it was like 8:30 by that time and I hadn’t had dinner, or anything since lunch besides a small nectarine. I usually keep some emergency chocolate in my gym bag but I’m out. Need to replenish!
5. Spent the evening testing out the drink recipes for tomorrow’s fancy pants martini party. All totally delish, we are now totally drunk. I forgot what fun it is to be a bartender. Tonight I tested out my recipies for a cosmo, martini, peppermint paddy, chocolate coffeetini, lichi green tini, blue lemontini, and more, and it was all delicious. Tomorrow, being bartender, I must make sure I stay sober enough for the task!
Take care, internetz, see ya next week!